One of the union territories of India, Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a breathtaking archipelago located in the Bay of Bengal. The exotic beaches blessed with coral reefs and amazing marine life making the landscape breathtakingly exquisite, cater a perfect holidays away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. This group of islands is an empyrean for both nature admirers and adrenaline junkies alike.
- Location: Andaman Nicobar Islands are located in the Bay of Bengal.
- Highest Points: The highest Point of Andaman islands is Saddle Peak (732 meters) while Mount Thullier (642 meters) is of Nicobar.
- Total Area: The area encompassed by these islands is 8249 square kilometers in which, 8211 square kilometers is rural.
- Capital: Port Blair
- Religion: The major Andaman and Nicobar Islands religion is termed as animism. As per this religion of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the sole deity responsible for everything that happens in the world is Paluga.
Located on the aboriginal trade route connecting Bharat to Asian country, the Andaman Islands were visited by the navy brigade ofarchipelago Company within the year 1789. In 1872, Andaman Islands were connected administratively to the Nicobar Islands by nation.throughout the Second war, these islands were occupied by the japanese. This ground became the union territory of Bharat within theyear 1956.
The parcel of Andaman and Nicobar Islands could be a a part of South-East Asia terra firma. it’s a gaggle of 3000 islands. It includes chain of mountains and ridges with moderate heights and gradients. The geographics at Andaman and Nicobar Islands states that theground contains of North Andaman, South Andaman, Middle Andaman, and tiny Andaman within the Andaman cluster of islands,similarly as nice Nicobar, Nancowry, automobile Nicobar, Chowra and Katchal within the Nicobar cluster of islands.
- Latitude- 6° to 14° North.
- Longitude: 92° to 94° East.
- Temperature: 31° C (maximum) and 23° C (minimum)
- Climate: Tropical
- Forest area: 92%
- Biggest Island: Middle Andaman Islands (Andaman group)- (1536 square kilometers) and Great Nicobar Islands (Nicobar group)- (1045 square kilometers)
- Smallest Island: Ross Island (Andaman)- (0.8 square kilometers) and Pilomillow Island (Nicobar)- (1.3 square kilometers)
How to Reach There: A tourist can reach Andaman and Nicobar through air or ship.
- By Air: There are direct day flights to Port Blair from Delhi, Chennai and Kolkata. On certain days, there are few flights from Bhubneshwar as well.
- By Ship: The ships sail from Vizag, Chennai and Kolkata. Ship journey takes 50-60 hours to reach these islands.
Book Andaman Family Tour Packages With Andaman Bluebay Holidays .