Is it ok to come to Andaman during the off-season?
Monsoon Andaman and beach holidays generally do not go hand in hand. But Andaman is a place where it’s always season. Here is why
The traditional ‘tourist’ season in Andaman is almost over. Come in mid May, monsoon will be over Andaman. Given the location and nature of attractions (beaches and sea activities), most people are discouraged from visiting the islands during the off season. Traditionally, this seems to be sensible. But stay there. Before you write off your Andaman visit between May and September, here’s what you need to know.
As you will see our website ” Game Fishing in Andaman “, we say Andaman – Sea. Sun. Anytime. And that’s right. The Andaman Islands are promoted by dept. Of tourism as a full year destination. Most of Andaman remain completely functional during the rain. In fact, except for walks in the ocean, you can do almost all the things that happen during the holiday season like scuba and snorkeling. There is a chance chance that heavy rains and uneven sea can occasionally cause cancellation, but in such cases you can come back when the sky is ready. If luckily do not hold, you get full refund.
Ferry services to islands and attractions like limestone caves remain functional during the rain. Local attractions such as cellular prison and Samudrika museum are also open to visitors.
Here’s a quick order of pros and cons that will help you understand better
1. The islands are less crowded with tourists
2. It’s low season – packages will be available in low season rates
3. Rooms across hotels will be easily accessible
4. All standard attractions will be open
5. Forget about sunkathed beaches. Everyone has done it. Go to the rainy experience
1. The evening sounds and the display of the mobile prison are exposed to weather conditions
2. Sea walks may not be possible
3. Some activities may be delayed if the weather changes
4. Treks may become slippery
5. You must drag an umbrella / raincoat everywhere
So, you see, the disadvantages are really not much. If you are a game for a little adventure, Andaman is perfect even in the rainy season. Just to say … monsoon Andaman is the romance of the season. That’s when nature is flourishing and the pitter-patter music makes wonders for the soul.
Then proceed. We are here to take care of you.