One of the Adivasi indigenous peoples of the Andaman Islands in India are the Jarawas. As per an estimate today there may be anywhere between 250 to 400 Jarawas left on the island. This is the reason why Jarawas are a designated Scheduled Tribe. As the Jarawas do not communicate much with the outsiders nothing much is known about their society, culture and traditions. Jarawas along with indigenous Andamanese people have inhabited the islands for many thousand years.
Issues faced by Jarawas:
Jarawas had reported 14 cases of ill treatment in the last three years and the current year. This number may be much lower than the real cases of ill treatment that the Jarawas and other native tribes on the Andaman Island face.
Here are some problems that Jarawas and other native tribals on the island have been facing in the recent years:
Tourists who come to visit Andaman Islands and undertake jungle safari make Jarawas and other local tribals dance and pose for food. Poachers mostly from Myanmar have introduced alcohol and drugs into the reserve forests. Poachers at times in barter for alcohol and drugs abuse orphan girls and widows of the tribes. The Great Andaman Trunk Road which was build in the 1970s and which passes through Jarawas’ newer western forest homeland is probably the biggest threat to the Jarawas.
The Great Andaman Trunk Road which was build in the 1970s and which passes through Jarawas’ newer western forest homeland is probably the biggest threat to the Jarawas.
Solutions to solve the problems faced by Jarawas:
Jarawa Tribal Reserve has been created where entry of unauthorised persons has been banned. Traffic on Andaman Trunk Road has been regulated for ensuring protection and welfare of Jarawas. Andaman and Nicobar (A&N) Administration provides financial support to tribals for education and health facilities through Andaman Adim Janjati Vikas Samiti (AAJVS). Scholarships to ST students and implementing Tribal Sub-Plan as a part of UT Plan for socio-economic development of tribals are other measures. A&N Administration has constituted A&N Tribal Research & Training Institute (ANTRI) for research for bringing out possible interventions for tribal development, ethnographic and other research studies, documentation of oral tradition and traditional knowledge. A tribal museum is also planned.
Laws for the protection of Jarawas:
There are many special rules for the protection of tribals inhabiting the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Some policies are also implemented for the protection and welfare of Jarawas and Shom Pens tribes respectively which are classified as Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs).
These laws are: A&N Islands (Protection of Aboriginal Tribes) Regulation, 1956; Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocity) Act, 1989 (and Amendment Act, 2015) Policy on Jarawa tribe of Andaman Island, 2004 and Policy on Shom Pens tribe of Great Nicobar Island, 2015 Role of AAJVS: AAJVS functions under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 by A&N Administration to: Protect and preserve Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs), Promote social, economic and cultural interests of PVTGs, Conduct research studies to identify specific issues of PVTGs and formulate policies and programmes, and Protect health and prevent extinction of PVTGs.
Lying on the coast of charismatic Bay of Bengal, Chennai is a colorful city with a rich tradition that have been passed from one generation to another. A modern city, people of Chennai have juggled infrastructure and old traditions really well and maintained a balance between both of them. If you stay in Bangalore and are a history aficionado then Chennai is the place for you as it has some of the oldest temples in the world, traces of history are still present in Chennai and are very well preserved. Just check out Bangalore to Chennai train timings and fare to discover your inner peace in these historical places.
- Mahabalipuram temple: Though the modern state of Mahabalipuram was established in 1827, the place has has its history rooted from the times of Pallavas. Attracting most of the tourists coming to Chennai, Mahabalipuram keeps them invigorated in the ancient designs and architecture. With a number of hindu temples and monuments in the town, Mahabalipuram has gained a lot of admirers amongst the history, architecture, archaeology and cultural enthusiasts. The historic town consists of various temples dedicated to Lord Krishna, Shiva and other various gods and goddesses. While in Mahabalipuram don’t forget to visit the beach, Pancha rathas and Krishna’s butter ball. Due to the presence of so many historical monuments and temples, they have been declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Jagannath Puri Temple: Devoted to the three gods namely, Lord Jagannath, Baladeva and Subhadra, Jagannath Puri temple is another famous tourist destination amongst pilgrims. The temple is magnificently carved giving it an astonishing beauty engaging tourists in its intimate opulence. Reflecting great art and architectural expertise of ancient times, the temple is built according to the Kalinga architecture. The temple’s stone carvings look more splendid as the granites and white marbles decorate the temple. Tourists can also visit the shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva, Bimala and Ganesha. If you truly want to experience the grandness of this temple then come in the month of July when Rathyatra is in progress.
- Kapaleeshwarar Temple: One of the oldest temples in Chennai, the hugely significant Kapaleeshwarar temple is located in Mylapore. One of the most visited spot in Chennai, the temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Architecturally sound, it also attracts a large number of arch students. Several deities are worshipped here in several mandapas and halls. If you want to see the ancient artefacts and beliefs, then Kapaleeswarar temple is the place for you. If you visit Chennai, then this temple has to be on your list as the temple is world famous.
- Valluvar Kottam: A traditional monument in Chennai, the memorial was built in the memory of a famous Tamil poet Thiruvalluvar. A 35 meter tall monument, it is formed in the shape of a chariot as a representation of Thiruvalluvar’s great work of art. The giant temple chariot is inspired by the Tamil poet’s main work Thirukkural. You can also see several inscriptions of his famous work Thirukkural written on the monument. All these things make this monument a must visit while you are in Chennai.
With so many historical places to explore in Chennai, the history lover in you will come out with it’s tongue wagging and force you to spend a little more time here. Just keep checking the Bangalore to Chennai train timings and fare so as to save money on travel.
Getting tired of your busy weekdays and boring life? Looking for new ways to shun your boredom? If yes, concentrate in Andaman Holidays. Consider Andaman and Nicobar Islands your next holiday destination. Explore this divine land of true and pure beauty. On this picturesque land, you will have endless opportunities to spend your holidays in the most pleasurable ways. Divide your Andaman Holidays separately for sightseeing and partaking in other enjoyment activities.
To ensure you the happiest Andaman Holidays, there are many travel agencies operating their activities from the major Indian cities. Besides, some travel companies onshore or offshore. Getting an onshore company is always good. As it has a strong connection with local communities and officers. It increases the chances of getting more pleasure, happiness, and enjoyment. You can get many value added benefits like meeting with the local tribe and getting lost into the forest dim.
Take a deep sigh here and enjoy the beauty of dazzling light coming from the heaven through verdurous glooms and winding mossy ways with the gentle breezes blown. Coming here with your family ensures you to enjoy more liberties in ordering a customized service. There are a plethora of Andaman Family Tour Packages to choose from. You can select your desired one to enjoy with your family members in your own ways. Andaman Family Tour Packages allow travellers to indulge in Handcrafted Itineraries” and “Personalised Services”
A wide range of Andaman Family Tour Packages include the followings:
- Exciting and customized shore excursions for the families interested in visiting cruise ships in the Andaman Islands
- Professional and family friendly cruise shipping services in the Andaman Islands
- Indulge in visiting the Andaman Islands on a Yacht. You can enjoy hassle free sailing.
- Take the advantage of private flight charters and ground support
To spend your Andaman Holidays you can include the flowing travel destinations:
In close proximity to the Neil islands, Bharatpur Beach is well known white shores and coral reefs. Paying a visit early in the morning is always better. This land is perfect for and snorkelers and skydivers.
This is one of the most beautiful beaches offering beautiful scenery and salubrious climate. The serene ambiance, placid atmosphere and rustic charm will win your heart.
Cellular jail, popularly known as Kala Paani (black waters), was perhaps the most infamous name to the Indians. This is a jail located at Port Blair. String at it can make one easily nostalgic.
Marina Park and Aquarium
Adjacent to Port Blair, Marina Park and Aquarium is one of favourite travel destination for creating awareness among people about the conservation of marine and aquatic life. The park is divided into five distinct sections. These are people information, archaeology, geographical information, history of the Andaman Islands and marine life.
This is a must visit site for the travellers who are interested in enjoying natural wonder.
Named after the poisonous snakes, Viper Island is inhabited by the snakes of various specious. There are the ruins of a jail proceeding to the cellular jail.
The Great Nicobar Island
Spreading over an area of 1,045 sq kilometres, the Great Nicobar Island offers a number of attractions like the rainforest (the heavenly abode of a diverse wildlife. The place is one of the most popular biosphere reserves in the world. It is full of unique pieces of flora and fauna. Here you will get to see some unique pieces of birds and animals like Nicobar pigeon, Megapode, Crab-eating macaque, and giant robber crab.
Besides there are other places like:
- Barren Island
- Vijaynagar Beach
- Havelock Island
- Baratang Island
- Corbyn’s Cove Beach
- Elephant Beach
- Red Skin Island
Visit the place and share your experiences with others.
Port Blair, May 24: The Ministry of Urban Development Govt of India has declared Port Blair city among the list of the 23 cities under Fast Track Smart City Challenge. On this occasion, the Hon’ble Lt. Governor Lt. Gen. (Retd) AK Singh has congratulated the citizens of the city and the Mission Directorate, A&N Administration, PBMC, other line departments for giving shape to the Smart City Proposal of the Port Blair City.
The Lt. Governor has also expressed his gratitude to the Hon’ble Prime Minister and Hon’ble Union Minister of Urban development for their Vision, Leadership and guidance provided.
Port Blair city had participated in Smart City CHALLENGE under Fast Track city in which 23 cities had taken part from all over the country. Accordingly, the Smart City Proposal of the city was revised to be in line with the demands and desires of the citizens.
Need assessment survey of the citizens through Micro Planning Framework was conducted by PBMC to assess the genuine aspirations of the public. The projects were framed under smart city proposal ensuring that the issues raised by the people are addressed in a “SMART” way. Further the detailed proposal with respective project scope, finances and execution strategy was worked out in consultation with various departments of the administration. The finalised proposal was submitted to the Ministry on 21st May 2016. After rigorous evaluation the proposal was announced successful.
The Ministry will be extending financial support to Port Blair city for execution of various projects proposed under the smart city. This is expected to further match with the funds from some centrally sponsored schemes and PBMC revenues.
Travelling is a part of education for the younger sort. For the elder, it is a part of an experience. And for the newlywed couples, it is a part of enjoyment and merrymaking. Therefore, to meet the different purposes of different age groups, there must have different types of services, packages and amenities in the marketplace. Consequently, we get to see various Travel and Andaman Tour planners and organizers specializing in different areas. A few of them offers tour packages for the younger sort. A significant number of them dedicated to meeting the needs of the older sort. Rest of them offer honeymoon packages for the newlywed couples, who are interested more in merrymaking than gathering experience and acquiring knowledge. To satisfy this class, a significant number of travel planners and tour organizers have come to the market. They are more aware of the honeymooners- their needs, likings, and demands. Being an expert in this domain, they plan and design everything so perfectly that each honeymoon package meets different needs perfectly.
This is not an exception, in the case of Andaman Honeymoon Packages. Gone are those days when taking a trip in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands was a nightmare. The credit of it decently goes to the government and different tour package organizers in Andaman. Now not only the travellers but also the new married couples are finding it the best place for meeting their various travel needs. Presently, it has become one of the most shout-after honeymoon destination in the world.
Not only the Indians but also the foreigners from across the globe are coming here to spend their golden days as the celebration of their newly married life. They like the land, its picturesque landscape, wonderful vistas, dense forest, azure blue sea water, and beautiful beaches. A vast majority of them look for skydiving, jet skiing snorkelling, scuba diving, seaplane riding, parasailing, undersea walking, speed boating, glass bottom boating, sports fishing, angling and getting lost in the dense forest of Andaman. To meet their veritable needs perfectly, they offer different types of services and solutions through a number of packages. Choosing Best Andaman Holidays Tour Packages is always a wise decision.
Best Andaman Honeymoon Packages from a reputable company always target to meet almost common and custom needs that may come from the honeymooners. Under each package, they include satisfactory accommodation and food facilities along with almost all modern amniotes that can keep you well, happy, satisfied and undisturbed.
Andaman Bluebay Holidays is one the honeymoon tour organizers offering a wide variety of services to the honeymooners who want to size their days here. Along with offering multiple services, it takes personal care for each couple and guides them properly so that they can make their honeymoon tour most memorable for the rest of their life. If you are looking to celebrate your honeymoon in the most memorable ways you can get started with this organizer. You sure to reap the rich harvest of your Andaman Honeymoon Tour.
Book Andaman Tour
Are you looking for a perfect ending of your wedding saga within your budget? Look no further than Andaman and Nicobar Island, the pristine paradise for the honeymooners. The vibrant atmosphere will excite your soul to transpire instant fires at every pore of your body. Out of passion, you would like to steal some happy moments to spend with your spouse sensuously.
Choose Best Andaman Honeymoon Tour Packages Offered a Professional Travel Company
You are sure to have the optimum pleasure and spend your golden days as you like only when you can choose the best Andaman Honeymoon Packages offered by a reputable travel company in Andaman. Having very good league with the hotel chains, local communities, and other important hospitality facilitators, a professional tour organizer can provide you with the almost all that you can make your honeymoon tour spicy and colourful.
Side by side, a professional company can help you perfect tour planning, organizing, and controlling in the best possible ways. It can meet all common and bespoke needs significantly, providing you with the all that can make you feel something different from the rustic mirth and common ebullience of life. You can indulge in optimum erotic pleasure that will take you to a world of forgetfulness.
The Many Benefits of Choosing Best Andaman Honeymoon Tour Packages
- A perfect package selection from a reputable company can save time, money and efforts from. You need not spend your time by planning randomly about the destinations, secret places, and itineraries. You need not brainstorm on how to get around the places and maximum covering points en-route.
- It can maximize your pleasure by minimizing the hazards of daily day affairs. You do not need to think a bit about your accommodation, foods and carrying other things at the time of globetrotting the places in Andaman.
- As they guide you properly and perfectly, you can stay safe from various risks and issues.
- You can enjoy modern amniotes that make your days comfortable and hospitable. You can stay connected to the world, taking the best advantage of the internet and computer technology.
How to choose Best Andaman Tour Packages
- At first, you should search on the internet to shortlist the name of the reputable travel company offering satisfactory services and affordable Andaman honeymoon packages.
- At the next step, you need to consider the experience. Choosing an experienced tour organizer is always good, as it can guide you properly.
- Thirdly, you should weigh and consider your need to make a comparison with their offerings. After that, you should choose one which meets almost all demands.
- Before choosing a package, you can read the testimonials and relives posted by the users. If you get any contact number, you can use it for crosschecking and get an opinion from them.
Apart from that, you can ask your friends and family members who have taken a honeymoon tour there. Choosing Andaman Bluebay Holidays (The Best Tourism Promoter in the Andaman Island) is defiantly a wise decision and make your honeymoon tour highly successful.
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands cuisine consists mainly of seafood. They are mainly found in the hotels and restaurants of the island.
The general population of this Union Territory are denied of numerous offices till date and accordingly are living a long ways behind the human progress. The sustenance of the Andaman and Nicobar individuals are principally the ocean Food which are exceptionally normal in this spot. The general population there are mostly non veggie lovers depending principally on ocean Food .
The nourishment of the Andamanese fundamentally contains non veg things like meat. They additionally allow a ton of natural products that are found in wealth in the timberlands of Andaman and Nicobar islands. The greater part of the workers of the island were seekers at once. In that capacity they used to feast upon tissue of flying creatures and wild creatures. For quite a while, the utilization of flame was obscure to them.
Tropical food are found in the bumpy parts of this island. Mango, banana, orange, pineapple, guava are some basic organic products that are found in the business sectors of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Because of the expanding attractions of the guests towards this spot numerous eateries have grown up who are get ready delectable Indian, Chinese and Continental sustenance things. In any case, unique Andaman sustenances could scarcely be found there.
The Andaman sustenance arranged from fish are an exceptionally mainstream cooking of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Since fish is found in wealth in the ocean, so individuals of Andaman like to take increasingly angle in their supper.
The Andaman and Nicobar are a paradise for nature lovers and therefore attract many tourists every year. This is a beautiful place that offers an ideal stay. Nicobar has a small but fully furnished world itself.
Andaman and Nicobar Tourism enjoys the beautiful beaches and beautiful mangroves. Andaman and Nicobar Islands are ideal for those who enjoy being in the silence of nature. Around Andaman and Nicobar Tourism, Andaman Holidays the sides are divine. The island of Andaman and Nicobar is rich in marine life.
Birds and flowers are another attraction of this island, which attracts many tourists. Andaman Holidays also includes a variety of beaches on the island of Andaman, which have a homogeneous character. One can enjoy the pristine beauty of nature on this island.
The famous Indira point is the lighthouse on this island, which is located at the southern tip of the country. The view of the gigantic structure of this lighthouse is sufficient to limit visitors to the charm.
Nicobar Island Sightseeing also includes Katchal most attractive that is popular for its beautiful beaches. Other attraction such as the Andaman is also famous for its natural beauty without end. The beautiful and fascinating forests, white sandy beaches and crystal clear sea are the main attractions of the island of Andaman.