Shri M. Vinod, President of AATO along with Mr. PS Vijayan, General Secretary & Shri Shiva member AATO is attending the incredible India, Andaman Tourism investors meet being held at Vigyan Bhawan from 21/9/16. The members of AATO are a part of the team of Tourism Department which is headed by the Director Tourism. The summit was inaugurated by Shri Arun Jaitley, the Finance minister Govt of India and was attended by a large number of Ministers.
LG launches A&N Police Apps & District Police Website Exhorts Police to perform duty with utmost sincerity & Devotion
Take a short break from your busy and hectic life and getaway to the serene and exotic Andaman Islands. Andaman is one of the Union Territories of and is an incredible archipelago located in the Bay of Bengal. Andaman is a perfect holiday destination for vacationers. The Andaman Islands is the perfect place for the all the nature admirers. This spectacular island is known for its spectacular pristine emerald beaches, amazing flora and fauna, water sports, nature exquisiteness, architectural magnificence, and its rich culture. Because of the magnificence, Andaman attracts tourists and vacationers from across the globe.
Andaman Tourism has something to offer to everyone. The climate of the Andaman Islands is tropical but is moderated because of sea breezes. The temperature here varies from about 23 °C to about 30 °C.
Places to visit
Cellular Jail in Port Blair –this jail is known as Kala Pani. This jail was used by British to exile many Indian political activists during India’s independence struggle.
Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, Wandoor- here one can explore the amazing coral reefs.
Havelock Island is a beautiful group of the island which is paradise for water sports like scuba diving, snorkeling kayaking and much more.
Neil Island is an exquisite island where one can explore the magnificent sandy beaches, verdant green forest, and serene village life.
Limestone Caves located in Baratang Island where you will find different types of the natural deposits.
Enjoy Exotic Food
One can enjoy having local flavors and the exotic seafood at Andaman as the seafood is the specialty. Also, one can enjoy continental and Indian food that is prepared with fresh ingredients.
How to Reach Andaman
One can reach Andaman through Air or by Sea. The island is well connected by regular direct flights like jet airways, Indian Airways, and numerous ships that travel from Chennai, Calcutta Vishakapatnam etc. each day.
Where to stay in Andaman
There are numerous pocket-friendly hotels and resorts in Andaman. One can select any hotel or resort as per their choice, requirement, and budget. All resorts offer good service and have the serene environment. However, one must get their bookings done before to avoid inconvenience. One can easily book the hotel or resort of their choice through a reliable traveling website.
The best time to Visit
The best time to visit Andaman is between October-May as one can enjoy the amazing water sports and other tourist activities
The Directorate of Andaman Tourism will conduct a half-day orientation programme for Jet Ski Operator/Owners on Sept 7 in the conference hall of IP&T. The Jet Ski Operators/ owners have been requested to attend the orientation programme to upgrade their knowledge regarding operation of Jet Skies. The idea is to educate the Jet Ski Operators/Owners about the safety & security of tourist as well as operators undertaking such activities. The orientation programme would commence at 3 pm and conclude at 5.30 pm.
Andaman’s can be visited throughout the year as the islands have a moderate temperature throughout the year, ranging from 23 ° C to 31 ° C. Andaman’s have a tropical climate, there are no harsh climates, apart from tropical storms and rains in late summers and monsoons . But the best time to visit the Andaman Islands is from October to May when the climate is idyllic for sightseeing and enjoying all water sports. The best time to avoid your Andaman Tour is from June to September when the climate is prone to thunderstorms and heavy rain, which can make it hard for you to enjoy sight seeing, however at this time the off season discounts are very good.
Seasons in the Andamans
Summers – Summers in the Andamans is from March to May summers Andaman’s still hot, but it is combined with pleasant sea breeze. The humidity is high and is about 80%. Summers are suitable for all kinds of tourist activities.
Monsoons in the Andamans is from May to August and post monsoons season is from September to November. It is offseason as at this time there may be medium to heavy rains. But you can get special off-season discounts at this time.
Winters in the Andamans is from December to February. This is the best season to visit Andamans as the winters here are not cool and the weather is idyllic for sightseeing.
It was veritably big and hard to forget about. It was my maiden chance to see undiscovered “Andaman Islands ‘- Its stunning beaches, virgin forests and ancient ruins. Andaman is a charming place where beauty never fails to impress visitors’ hearts, so how could betray us, and also we were lucky enough not to meet something unexpected.
To give pause to our extremely busy schedule, at least we thought it was, even though we both had nothing officially to do instead of preparing our semester exams, which also was far away, we decided to go on an Andaman trip to see what exactly the island has to offer fun-lovers like us. Sunny, my friend and my trip mate on this trip, were / are more into partying and fun, while I am a kind of person who is determined to get off the beaten track and love to live amidst nature values and explore what we could inherited from the past.
We had a limited budget, but we wanted to discover the maximum possible. That’s why I hang over the Internet to design our tour itinerary in such a way that could cost us as little as possible, and give us maximum enjoyment. I worked out what places we would definitely see where we would stay and how we would get around the island. Flight booking was not a hassle as we made it through a travel agent.
On the appointed date, we landed on Veer Savarkar International Airport, Port Blair. Let me tell you that direct flights from Delhi to Port Blair are not so many, and the timing is not so very great. So it is better to first fly to Kolkata and then to Port Blair same as we did. Minutes after setting foot off the flight, we were greeted by a seductive integration of natural shine, artificial creations and historical monuments in the capital. Even at the first sight, I had understood that it is the shy beauties of this wonderful archipelago that draws tourists from around the world.
Visit at Gandhi Park was the beginning of our trip. The park was simply awesome filled with eye-catching green, huge historical significance and a variety of water sports to enjoy. After we chose Cellular Jail to date with. When the most terrible name among Indian people, the structure is now a revered shrine dedicated to Indian freedom fighters. We saw the light and sound show, martyr memorial and a museum inside the prison. Experience with diving in Havelock Island was beyond my imagination. Looks fascinating marine life and stunning coral reefs was really a rare feeling mixed with adventure and enjoyment.
The rich history and the beautiful coastline on the Andaman has always been luring travelers. But it is inevitably excluded to avoid Andaman wild side. Home to a number of tribal reserves, national parks and wildlife sanctuaries, Andaman is a fine place for nature lovers. We visited the bird sanctuary Chiriyatapoo during our Andaman tour. Apart from this, we visited the Forest Museum, Science Center and Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park also. Food and cultural bounties on Andaman is simply out of words and forest camping is also a not-to-miss activity. Hungry Bags is a leading tour agency offers Andaman Tour packages to make Andaman trip memorable and hassle free.
The NITI Aayog has called a high-level meeting to discuss various proposals to tap the economic and Develop Andaman Tourism potential of islands that surround India’s coastline. Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi is expected to chair the meeting, slated soon. Of the 1,300-odd islands that surround India, the Aayog has identified 10 in Andaman and Nicobar and Lakshwadeep for holistic development.
The Aayog in a presentation made to the Prime Minister said it formed five inter-ministerial groups to identify islands. Of the list of 20 islands, the Aayog picked 10 that can be taken up in the first phase to be developed. Among the islands the Aayog has identified are the Smith Island, Ross Island, Avis Island and Long Island from Andaman & Nicobar. From Lakshadweep, the islands that have been identified include Bangaram, Thinnakara, Suheli, Cheriyam and Minicoy. Officials said the PM would review the progress made in pushing the idea of developing the islands as potential tourist destinations. On Monday, during a meeting to review the progress of infrastructure projects, Modi also directed officials to expedite the solar city project and development of unused airstrip as envisaged in the National Aviation Policy.
For the oil & gas sectors, officials said the PM was keen the potential of offshore and onshore exploration was fully tapped. He also sought the report of ethanol blending programme. In August 2015, the government had decided to boost ethanol production by making 10 per cent blending with petrol mandatory. The decision is likely to benefit cash-starved sugar mills, which owe Rs 14,000 crore dues to cane growers. The Prime Minister was informed that 150 million households were covered under direct benefit transfer for LPG in FY16. In the new and renewable energy sector, the cumulative installed capacity has crossed 44,000 Mw.
The Prime Minister was briefed on plans and strategies to further boost solar energy production, including through rooftop generation, an official statement said. The Indian Railways has achieved a target of daily passenger movement of 22.5 million. As many as 240 unmanned crossings have been eliminated between April and June this year in the ports sector. There has been considerable progress in average vessel turnaround time.
Top officials from various infrastructure sector ministries, NITI Aayog, and the Prime Minister’s Office attended the meeting. (Source: Internet)
All of us know the beautiful famous places like Shimla, Manali, Coorg, and Alleppy but how many of us know about the untouched places like Malana, Sandakphu and Kanatal! These places might not be on the lists to travel to on the internet and that’s the thing that makes them unique as well as picturesque. We all know how humans destroy everything that comes in contact and these locations are still pristine as there is almost no tourism activity at these places. If you love to explore the unexplored there are some of the places you can travel to by booking air ticket to the nearest airports.
- Malana: Detached and uninhabited, Malana is a curious yet staggering town in Himachal Pradesh. Secured by the superb tops of Chandrakhani and Deo Tibba, Malana is determined to a level by the banks of a stream of the same name. With an amazing elevation, the town has a character and personality of its own. Home to pretty much 100 comfortable houses, this town is known for its Charas or ‘Malana Cream’. An intriguing account identifying with Malana is that its tenants see themselves as to be relatives of Alexander the Great and are accordingly, prevalent.
- Sandakphu: Get audacious with a trek to the most astounding top in West Bengal, a standout amongst the most odd destinations in India. Meant signify ‘Tallness of the Poison Plant’, Sandakphu is at an astonishing height of around 3636m and supports the absolute most harmful aconite plants at its top. Be that as it may, when you have made it to its extremely beat, you will be compensated with shocking perspectives of 4 of the most noteworthy tops on the planet.
- Kanatal: A romantic and pretty village, Kanatal is roosted high up at 8500 ft and is the meaning of untampered excellence and tranquility. Furnished with phenomenal climate and supreme cordiality, Kanatal offers dynamite perspectives of snow-secured crests and impervious timberlands. This town is renowned for its patio stays – an idea that has caught the creative ability of travelers in a major manner.
- Gurez Valley: Cut through the Himalayas and set along the banks of the staggering Kishenganga River, Gurez Valley is a standout amongst the most excellent valleys in India. Found directly underneath the high elevation Line of Control, Gurez Valley is a wildly secured land in the Indian region. Dreamlike and peaceful, Gurez Valley has the most charming sights of shepherds and fields.
- Tawang: Famous as the origination of the Dalai Lama, Tawang is a pleasant slope town situated in the condition of Arunachal Pradesh. Ignoring a valley that is commanded by rich green views and dazzling all encompassing scenes, Tawang is additionally home to a few adored cloisters. With religious connections and a quieting domain, this destination is an absolute necessity visit for all travel lovers.
- Velas: Profound inside the Ratnagiri District of Maharashtra, Velas is a town of the most venturesome populace. The natives of Velas have taken upon themselves the undertaking of supporting and ensuring the turtles. The town even has a yearly turtle celebration, a one-of-its-kind occasion that is essentially hypnotizing to witness. Inspire set to watch the life a turtle spread out just right in front of you, from the minute they venture out of their egg shells!
- Drass: Starting at the base of the Zoji La Pass and at an elevation of 10,990ft from the ocean level, Drass is an unexplored destination of amazing climate and intriguing scene. The valley houses extraordinary vegetation that develops in full magnificence along quiet riverbanks. You can watch the mirror picture of towering tops and moving mists in these unblemished waters. Drass is famously known for its extreme and horrendous winters – a season best evaded.
So, what are you waiting for? Book your air ticket now and get ready to explore these beautiful places that are still highly untouched from the human impact.
The fantasies of Andaman tourism can not be described in a few words. Exotic beaches, Foliage Beauty of Forest, incredible sight of sunrise and sunset, stunning glimpse of Underwater Living are among the petals of Andaman Nicobar Tours. Trip to Andaman Nicobar Island is a great trip to an island beyond our imagination. We can not stop our dreams to reach out exceptional places like Andaman Tours to explore the true meaning of exciting trips. Andaman Bluebay Holidays is here with you, with various Andaman Tour packages to fulfill your dream trip travel to Andaman !!
For tourists and honeymooners plan tours to Andaman Nicobar, we have excellent facilities for exploring the exciting activities in Andaman above and below water. Our Andaman Holidays offers you many choices of activities in the Andaman like snorkeling, diving, trekking, a boat tour of the Creeks and many more that you travel to Andaman Island is a great success. Alternatively the popular islands of Port Blair, Havelock and Neil, Elephanta, Baratang, Radhanagar and many other islands that are known to explore the Andaman tours Andaman our economic tour packages. Now, Andaman Tour Booking is easy with the team from Andaman Bluebay Holidays .