Andaman – A quick getaway that is not too expensive while at the same time relaxing and calming.
Both Andaman and Nicoba Islands are called the Garden of Eden and why not, with lush green forests and beautiful views of water, it remains as one of the most untouched places on earth.
There are several cheap Andaman Tour options to the Andaman Islands. If you are going on a romantic getaway you will need to look for cheap tours online. Some of the best offers are found as last minute online bookings.
In order to get the best deals you will need to decide your itinerary, make travel arrangements and hotel reservations. If you are booking by yourself you will need to look at all of them, preferable online first. Group book often comes at some good bargains if you choose the right kind of hotels. Research before you jump in and pay the advance.
The different places to visit in Andaman include:
1) Neil Island: This Island is about 30 kms away from Port Blair and has some of the most beautiful sights to behold. With lunch green forests and sandy beaches, Neil Island is called the vegetable bowl of Andaman’s. The connection to the Island is through boat and there are a few guesthouses that will accommodate tourists.
2) Long Island: Long island is yet another untouched and pollution free island that has some of the most beautiful trees. Dolphin viewing is a frequent happenstance here.
3) Rang at Islands is the place to go if you are looking for quiet. It is also a wonderful place to soak in the sun and go dipping in the waters.
4) Mayabunder is located in the north of middle Andaman and has some of the most romantic beaches in the world.
5) Ross and Smith Islands: The Ross and Smith Islands are connected by a sand bar that is truly worth beholding.
6) Little Andaman Island: cradles the beautiful Butler Bay, a waterfall and plantation of oil palms.
7) Cellular jail: Cellular jail is one of the historical sites at Andaman. It is the three storied prison that is a silent reminder of the many tortures the country witnessed for freedom. This site is considered as a National monument and is now a Museum, art and photo gallery open to all.
8) Chidiya Tapu is in the south of Andaman is a treasure trove of mangroves and forest over with some of the most amazing avian fauna, beaches and golden sands.
9) Mount Harriet place was the summer headquarters of the Chief Commissioner of the British Raj and has a wonder view of the outer islands and the sea.
10) Corbyns Cove is one of the most picturesque beaches and offers a beautiful view hands down.